Friday, January 9, 2015

Foodie Year in Review: 2014

this is the pineapple heirloom - a great slicing tomato!

My favorite food consumption this year included oysters at a local restaurant.  Cleaned and served chilled with fresh lemon and hot sauce is one of the truly simple and delectable treats.  I found these purveyors posted on the Martha blog.  I have not tried them yet, but intend to in the future for parties!

These are reasonable prices, especially if you are having guests and need 100 oysters!
http://coppsislandoysters.com/shop/

for smoked salmon, you may try russ and daughters:

http://shop.russanddaughters.com/store/product/233/Gaspe-Nova-Smoked-Salmon/

My all time favorite food - is the fresh heirloom tomato plucked from our farm gardens and sliced on Italian bread topped with mayo.  Nothing else screams summer to me, except the beach!  Purely delectable...
here is a sandwich with tomatoes, my cousins great fried hot peppers, and chunks of provolone cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment